Jacques Kallis is a South African cricket coach and former cricketer. As a right-handed batsman and right-arm fast-medium swing bowler, Kallis is regarded as one of the greatest all-rounders of all time, and as South Africa's greatest batsman. As of 2020 he is the only cricketer in the history of the game to score more than 10,000 runs and take over 250 wickets in both ODI and Test match cricket; he also took 131 ODI catches. He scored 13,289 runs in his Test match career and took 292 wickets and 200 catches. Kallis played 166 Test matches and had a batting average of over 55 runs per innings. From October to December 2007, he scored five centuries in four Test matches. With his century in the second innings of the third Test against India in January 2011, his 40th in all, he moved past Ricky Ponting to become the second-highest scorer of Test centuries, behind only Sachin Tendulkar's 51.
|Full name:||Jacques Henry Kallis|
|Born:||October 16, 1975, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa|
|Nickname:||Jakes, Woogie, Kalahari|
|Bowling style:||Right arm fast-medium|
|Twitter:||Jacques Kallis's Twitter profile|
About Jacques Kallis
Right-handed batsman recognized as one of the greatest all-rounders in the history of cricket, he became the first player to score 10,000 runs and take 200 wickets in both ODI and Test play.
As a teenager, he played for the Old Edwardians team, where coaches began to see his potential as an all-rounder.
He retired with 45 centuries, second-most in Test history. His Test batting average was over 55 while his bowling average was under 33, a 20-plus-point difference matched by few other all-rounders.
He has a younger sister named Janine. He was once engaged to Cindy Nell, who was Miss South Africa 2002.
He scored a 115 in his final Test, giving him 13,289 career runs, good enough for third all-time by one run over Rahul Dravid.
Information related to Jacques Kallis
- World XI Test cricketers
- International Cricket Council Cricketer of the Year
- ICC World XI One Day International cricketers
- ACA African XI One Day International cricketers
- Alumni of Wynberg Boys' High School
- South Africa Test cricket captains
- Commonwealth Games medallists in cricket
- Trinbago Knight Riders cricketers
- Indian Premier League coaches
- Wisden Leading Cricketers in the World
- Cape Cobras cricketers
- South African cricket coaches
- Sydney Thunder cricketers
- South Africa Twenty20 International cricketers
- Kolkata Knight Riders cricketers
- Commonwealth Games gold medallists for South Africa
- Cricketers at the 1996 Cricket World Cup
- South Africa One Day International cricketers
- Cricketers at the 1999 Cricket World Cup
- Royal Challengers Bangalore cricketers
- Cricketers at the 2003 Cricket World Cup
- Cricketers at the 2007 Cricket World Cup
- Cricketers at the 1998 Commonwealth Games
- Cricketers at the 2011 Cricket World Cup
- Western Province cricketers
- South Africa Test cricketers
- Commonwealth Games competitors for South Africa
- Glamorgan cricketers
- Sportspeople from Cape Town
- Wisden Cricketers of the Year