Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar, known professionally as Cardi B, is an American rapper, songwriter, television personality, and actress. Born in Manhattan and raised in The Bronx, New York City, she became an internet celebrity after several of her posts and videos became popular on Vine and Instagram. From 2015 to 2017, she appeared as a regular cast member on the VH1 reality television series Love & Hip Hop: New York to follow her music aspirations, and released two mixtapes—Gangsta Bitch Music, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2, before signing with label Atlantic Records in early 2017. Her debut studio album, Invasion of Privacy, debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, broke several streaming records, was certified triple platinum by the RIAA and named by Billboard the top female rap album of the 2010s. Critically acclaimed, it won the Grammy Award for Best Rap Album, making Cardi B the only woman to win the award as a solo artist.
|Born:||Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar, October 11, 1992, New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Occupation:||Rapper, songwriter, television personality, actress|
|Twitter:||Cardi B's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Cardi B's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Cardi B's Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Cardi B's Youtube channel|
|IMDb:||Cardi B's IMDb|
|Spotify:||Cardi B's Spotify|
|SoundCloud:||Cardi B's SoundCloud|
|iTunes:||Cardi B's iTunes|
About Cardi B
Gained fame as a cast member on the reality series Love & Hip Hop: New York. She is a hip hop recording artist known for singles such as "Bodak Yellow" and "Foreva." In 2019, she starred in the drama Hustlers alongside Jennifer Lopez and she was cast in the 2020 film Fast & Furious 9.
She performed as an exotic dancer for five years.
She has earned more than 55 million Instagram followers to her iamcardib account. Also a video vixen, she released a DVD called I Am: Cardi B and landed a special on Revolt TV taking viewers behind the scenes of her life.
Her real name is Belcalis Almanzar. She was born and raised in the Bronx alongside her sister Hennessy Carolina. She married Kiari Cephus, aka Offset in 2017; they briefly separated in 2018. She gave birth to a daughter named Kulture Kiari Cephus on July 10, 2018.
Information related to Cardi B
- Afro-Caribbean music - Afro-Caribbean music is a broad term for music styles originating in the Caribbean from the African diaspora.
- Black Hispanic and Latino Americans - In the United States, Black Hispanics or Afro-Hispanics, as officially classified by the United States Census Bureau, Office of Management and Budget and other U.S. government agencies, are people who are racially black and are from Latin America, and/or speak Spanish as their first language.
- Honorific nicknames in popular music - Honorific nicknames in popular music are terms used, most often in the media or by fans, to indicate the significance of an artist, and are often religious, familial, or royal and aristocratic titles, used metaphorically.
- LGBT culture in New York City - New York City has one of the largest and most prominent LGBTQ populations in the world.
- Sony/ATV Music Publishing artists
- Hip hop models
- Women television personalities
- Hispanic and Latino American rappers
- Spanish-language singers of the United States
- American female rappers
- Hispanic and Latino American actresses
- Gangsta rappers
- Feminist musicians
- East Coast hip hop musicians
- Rappers from New York City
- American Internet celebrities