Jared Joseph Leto is an American actor and musician. After starting his career with television appearances in the early 1990s, Leto was recognized for his role as Jordan Catalano in the TV series My So-Called Life. He made his film debut in How to Make an American Quilt and received critical acclaim for his performance at Prefontaine. Leto has played supporting roles in The Thin Red Line, Fight Club and Girl, Interrupt, and American Psycho, as well as starring in Urban Legend, and has been critically acclaimed after playing heroin addict Harry Goldfarb in Requiem for a Dream. He then began to focus more on his music career, returning to acting with Panic Room, Alexander, Lord of War, Lonely Hearts, Chapter 27 and Mr. Nobody. In 2012, he directed the documentary Artifact. He later appeared in Suicide Squad and Blade Runner 2049.
|Born||December 26, 1971, Bossier City, Louisiana, U.S.|
|Other names||Bartholomew Cubbins, Angakok Panipaq|
|Alma mater||School of Visual Arts|
|Occupation||Actor, singer, songwriter, director|
|Notable work||Full list|
|Family||Shannon Leto (brother)|
|Website||Jared Leto's Official site|
|Jared Leto's Twitter|
|Jared Leto's Instagram|
|Jared Leto's Facebook|
|Youtube||Jared Leto's Youtube|
|IMDb||Jared Leto's IMDb|
Actor and singer-songwriter for the band Thirty Seconds to Mars who won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for his role in Dallas Buyers Club. He also played prominent roles in Requiem for a Dream and American Psycho and portrayed The Joker in the 2016 film Suicide Squad.
While attending New York City's School of Visual Arts, he wrote and performed in his first short film, Crying Joy.
He starred in Requiem For a Dream with Ellen Burstyn.
- Category Jared Leto
- Best Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role Screen Actors Association Award Winner
- Actor Louisiana
- Golden Globe (movie) winner for Best Supporting Actor
- Thirty seconds for members Mars
- Oscar Winner for Best Supporting Actor
- NME Award Winner
- Alumni of College of the Arts (Philadelphia)
- Alternative rock guitarist
- Alternative rock singer
- Alumni of the School of Visual Arts
- Humanitarian of the United States
- Singers in Louisiana
- American music video directors
- Record Producers in California
- American Multi-Instrumentalists
- American documentary film director
Latest information about Jared Leto updated on June 14 2021.