Jessica Brizeida López Arocha is a Venezuelan artistic gymnast who competes for the Venezuela national team. She competed at the 2008, the 2012 and the 2016 Summer Olympics, where she qualified to the uneven bars final, becoming the first Venezuelan gymnast to qualify for an individual apparatus final, where she placed sixth. She also placed seventh in the all-around final, her country's best all-around finish ever.
|Full name:||Jessica Brizeida López Arocha|
|Born:||January 22, 1986, Caracas, Venezuela|
|Level:||Senior international elite|
|College team:||Denver Pioneers|
|Head coach(es):||Melissa Kutcher|
|Assistant coach(es):||Nilson Medeiros, Carl Leland|
About Jessica López
Olympic gymnast who competed in the 2008 games in Beijing and won six medals in 2010 at the Central American and Caribbean Games.
She grew up competing in the Pan-American games for her native Venezuela, where gymnastics were generally considered a second-tier sport.
In 2013 she won the silver medal on the uneven bars at the Cottbus World Cup in Germany.
She was born in Santa Monica, Venezuela.
Her home country was better known for its baseball talent, like Luis Aparicio, than for its gymnasts.
Information related to Jessica López
- Annamari Maaranen - Annamari Maaranen is a retired artistic gymnast from Finland. Maaranen was the national all-around champion for Finland in 2005 and 2006.
- Venezuelan female artistic gymnasts
- Olympic gymnasts of Venezuela
- Gymnasts at the 2007 Pan American Games
- Pan American Games silver medalists for Venezuela
- Gymnasts at the 2015 Pan American Games
- Sportspeople from Caracas
- Pan American Games medalists in gymnastics
- Gymnasts at the 2016 Summer Olympics
- Gymnasts at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- Gymnasts at the 2008 Summer Olympics