John Whitaker MBE is a British equestrian and Olympian who competes in show jumping. He has won numerous international medals including an olympic silver medal at the 1984 Summer Olympics held in Los Angeles. He is also the managing director of John Whitaker International Limited which produces tack and equestrian clothing.
About John Whitaker
Equestrian who won a silver medal at the 1984 Olympics in the jumping team event.
He began riding horses when he was just 6 years old.
He won four gold medals at the European Championships: in 1985, 1987, and 1989 in the jumping team event, and in 1989 in the jumping individual event.
He raised three children with his wife Clare Barr.
His niece, Ellen Whitaker, also became a successful equestrian.
Information related to John Whitaker (equestrian)
- British show jumping riders
- Olympic equestrians of Great Britain
- Equestrians at the 1984 Summer Olympics
- Equestrians at the 2000 Summer Olympics
- Equestrians at the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Sportspeople from Huddersfield
- Equestrians at the 2016 Summer Olympics
- Equestrians at the 1996 Summer Olympics
- Equestrians at the 1992 Summer Olympics
- Olympic medalists in equestrian
- Olympic silver medallists for Great Britain