Karin Büttner-Janz is a German medical doctor who won world and Olympic gold medals in artistic gymnastics for East Germany. From 1990 to 2012, she was chief physician of clinics in Berlin, Germany. She has a foundation named Spinefoundation.
|Born:||Feb 17, 1952, Lübben, East Germany|
|Club:||SC Dynamo Berlin|
About Karin Buttner-Janz
German former Olympic gymnast who won gold medals in the vault and uneven bars at the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich. She won the East German Sportswoman of the Year Award in 1967 and 1972.
She broke onto the European gymnastics scene in 1967 by winning a bronze medal in the vault at the European Championships.
Following her gymnastics career, she pursued a medical career and became Chief Physician at Vivantes hospital.
Her father, Guido, was her first gymnastics coach.
He and Ecaterina Szabo are both Olympic Champions in the women's vault.
Information related to Karin Büttner-Janz
- LGBT gymnasts
- LGBT sportspeople from Germany
- East German physicians
- Sportspeople from Brandenburg
- Olympic gymnasts of East Germany
- European champions in gymnastics
- German women scientists
- Gymnasts at the 1972 Summer Olympics
- Germany's Sports Hall of Fame inductees
- Gymnasts at the 1968 Summer Olympics
- German female artistic gymnasts
- International Gymnastics Hall of Fame inductees
- Women physicians
- World champion gymnasts
- Recipients of the National Prize of East Germany
- Honoured Masters of Sport of the USSR
- Olympic bronze medalists for East Germany
- Olympic silver medalists for East Germany
- Olympic gold medalists for East Germany
- Lesbian sportswomen
- Medalists at the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships