Karin Büttner-Janz is a German medical doctor who won world and Olympic gold medals in artistic gymnastics for East Germany. From 1990 to 2012, she was chief physician of clinics in Berlin, Germany. She has a foundation named Spinefoundation.
|Born:||February 17, 1952, Lübben, East Germany|
|Years on national team:||1967–72 (GDR)|
|Club:||SC Dynamo Berlin|
About Karin Buttner-Janz
German former Olympic gymnast who won gold medals in the vault and uneven bars at the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich. She won the East German Sportswoman of the Year Award in 1967 and 1972.
Karin Buttner-Janz Before Fame
She broke onto the European gymnastics scene in 1967 by winning a bronze medal in the vault at the European Championships.
Achievement of Karin Buttner-Janz
Following her gymnastics career, she pursued a medical career and became Chief Physician at Vivantes hospital.
Karin Buttner-Janz Family Life
Her father, Guido, was her first gymnastics coach.
Associations of Karin Buttner-Janz
He and Ecaterina Szabo are both Olympic Champions in the women's vault.
Information related to Karin Büttner-Janz
- East German physicians
- Olympic gymnasts of East Germany
- German female artistic gymnasts
- Sportspeople from Brandenburg
- European champions in gymnastics
- German women scientists
- Gymnasts at the 1972 Summer Olympics
- Gymnasts at the 1968 Summer Olympics
- World champion gymnasts
- Women physicians
- Recipients of the National Prize of East Germany
- Olympic bronze medalists for East Germany
- Olympic silver medalists for East Germany
- Olympic gold medalists for East Germany
- Honoured Masters of Sport of the USSR
- Medalists at the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships