Kathryn Lee Gifford is an American television presenter, singer, songwriter, occasional actress and author. She is best known for her 15-year run on the talk show Live! with Regis and Kathie Lee, which she co-hosted with Regis Philbin. She is also known for her 11-year run with Hoda Kotb, on the fourth hour of NBC's Today show. She has received 11 Daytime Emmy nominations and won her first Daytime Emmy in 2010 as part of the Today team. Gifford's first television role had been as Tom Kennedy's singer/sidekick on the syndicated version of Name That Tune, from 1974 to 1978. She also occasionally appeared on the first three hours of Today and was a contributing NBC News correspondent. Kathie Lee married Paul Johnson, a Christian composer/arranger/producer/publisher in 1976. After their divorce in 1982, she married sportscaster and former NFL player Frank Gifford in 1986. He died in 2015. Kathie Lee has released studio albums and written books.
|Born:||Kathryn Lee Epstein, August 16, 1953, Paris, France|
|Alma mater:||Oral Roberts University|
|Occupation:||Television presenter, talk show host, singer, songwriter, actress|
|Home town:||Bowie, Maryland, U.S.|
|Children:||Cody Gifford, Cassidy Gifford|
|Twitter:||Kathie Lee Gifford's Twitter profile|
|Facebook:||Kathie Lee Gifford's Facebook profile|
|IMDb:||Kathie Lee Gifford's IMDb|
About Kathie Lee Gifford
Known for being Regis Philbin's co-host on the talk show Live! with Regis and Kathie Lee from 1985 to 2000. She became a co-host on the fourth hour of The Today Show in 2008.
She was Maryland's contestant for America's Junior Miss Pageant. She studied drama and music at Oral Roberts University.
She made an appearance as herself in the 2015 TV movie Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!
She was a singer on Tom Kennedy's game show Name That Tune from 1974 to 1978.
Information related to Kathie Lee Gifford
- New Yorkers in journalism - New York City has been called the media capital of the world. An integral component of this status is the significant array of journalists who report about international, American, business, entertainment, and New York metropolitan area-related matters from Manhattan.
- Beauty pageant hosts
- Converts to Protestantism
- Actresses from Maryland
- Songwriters from Maryland
- Oral Roberts University alumni
- Converts to Christianity from Judaism
- Singers from Maryland
- American Protestants
- Olympic Games broadcasters
- Broadway theatre people
- American television talk show hosts
- American evangelicals
- American expatriates in France