Kelly Jayne Smith, MBE is an English former football forward who spent three spells with FA WSL club Arsenal Ladies. A product of the American college soccer system, Smith broke records with Seton Hall University then played professionally with Women's United Soccer Association franchise Philadelphia Charge. After returning to Arsenal for a period which included a 2007 UEFA Women's Cup win, Smith was tempted back to America with another professional contract, this time with Boston Breakers in Women's Professional Soccer. She accumulated 117 caps for the England women's national football team since making her debut in 1995. Despite being hit by serious injury during her career, Smith is England's record goalscorer with 46 goals. She played for Great Britain at the 2012 London Olympics.
|Twitter:||Kelly Smith's Twitter profile|
About Kelly Smith
One of England's all-time leading female goal-scorers, earned over 100 caps for the English national team.
Kelly Smith Before Fame
She played on boys' teams until the age of 7.
Achievement of Kelly Smith
Her career was marked by injuries such as an achilles tendon injury and a stress fracture in her foot.
Kelly Smith Family Life
She was born to Bernard and Carol Smith.
Associations of Kelly Smith
She and Faye White both played for the Arsenal Ladies club.
Information related to Kelly Smith
- Barnet F.C. Ladies players
- Philadelphia Charge players
- New Jersey Wildcats players
- Boston Breakers (WPS) players
- Seton Hall Pirates women's soccer players
- Sportspeople from Watford
- Women's United Soccer Association players
- LGBT sportspeople from England
- England women's international footballers
- English Football Hall of Fame inductees
- Association football commentators
- LGBT association football players
- English women's footballers
- Footballers at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- Expatriate women's soccer players in the United States
- Lesbian sportswomen