Lionel Andrés Messi is an Argentine professional footballer who plays as a forward and captains both Spanish club Barcelona and the Argentina national team. Often considered as the best player in the world and widely regarded as one of the greatest players of all time, Messi has won a record six Ballon d'Or awards, a record six European Golden Shoes, and in 2020 was named to the Ballon d'Or Dream Team. He has spent his entire professional career with Barcelona, where he has won a club-record 34 trophies, including ten La Liga titles, six Copa del Rey titles and four UEFA Champions Leagues. A prolific goalscorer and creative playmaker, Messi holds the records for most goals in La Liga, a La Liga and European league season, most hat-tricks in La Liga and the UEFA Champions League, and most assists in La Liga, a La Liga and European league season and the Copa América.
|Twitter:||Lionel Messi's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Lionel Messi's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Lionel Messi's Facebook profile|
|IMDb:||Lionel Messi's IMDb|
About Lionel Messi
Star soccer forward who gained world fame while playing with FC Barcelona and as captain of Argentina's national team. He won the Ballon d'Or four straight years from 2009 to 2012 and he received the Golden Ball Award after leading the Argentinian national team to the World Cup Championship game in 2014.
Lionel Messi Before Fame
He was diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency when he was 11 years old and his local club, River Plate, did not want to pay to treat it, so he moved to Spain to play for FC Barcelona.
Achievement of Lionel Messi
When he was 25, he became the youngest player in history to score 200 goals in La Liga and in March 2012, he became the first player in Champions League history to score five goals in a single match.
Lionel Messi Family Life
He grew up in Argentina with his parents Jorge and Celia, and his siblings: Maria, Matias, and Rodrigo. He married Antonella Roccuzzo in 2017. He and Antonella have sons named Mateo, Thiago and Ciro.
Associations of Lionel Messi
Many pundits began calling him the next Pele after he won the 2009 UEFA Super Cup with Barcelona.
Information related to Lionel Messi
- Football records and statistics in Spain - This page details football records in Spain. Unless otherwise stated, records are taken from Primera División or La Liga. This page also includes records from the Spanish domestic cup competition or Copa del Rey.
- UEFA club competition records and statistics
- FIFA World Cup awards - At the end of each FIFA World Cup final tournament, several awards are presented to the players and teams which have distinguished themselves in various aspects of the game.
- People convicted of tax crimes
- FIFA World Player of the Year winners
- Pichichi Trophy winners
- Argentine fraudsters
- Argentine Roman Catholics
- Olympic gold medalists for Argentina
- Laureus World Sports Awards winners
- FC Barcelona C players
- People convicted of fraud
- Olympic footballers of Argentina
- Naturalised citizens of Spain
- People named in the Panama Papers
- Argentina under-20 international footballers
- Argentina youth international footballers
- Copa América Centenario players
- FC Barcelona B players
- Footballers at the 2008 Summer Olympics
- FC Barcelona players
- Argentine expatriate sportspeople in Spain