Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio is an American actor, film producer, and environmentalist. He has often played unconventional roles, particularly in biopics and period films. As of 2019, his films have grossed $7.2 billion worldwide, and he has placed eight times in annual rankings of the world's highest-paid actors. Born in Los Angeles, DiCaprio began his career by appearing in television commercials in the late 1980s. In the early 1990s, he played recurring roles in various television series, such as the sitcom Parenthood. Leonardo DiCaprio had his first major film role as Tobias "Toby" Wolff in This Boy's Life. 19-year-old Leonardo received critical acclaim and first Academy Award and Golden Globe Award nominations for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for his performance as a developmentally disabled boy Arnie Grape in What's Eating Gilbert Grape, becoming the seventh-youngest nominee in the category.
|Born||November 11, 1974, Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Occupation||Actor, film producer, environmentalist|
|Partner(s)||Gisele Bündchen (2000–2005), Bar Refaeli (2005–2011)|
|Parent(s)||George DiCaprio (father)|
|Website||[ Official site], Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation|
|Leonardo DiCaprio's Twitter|
|Leonardo DiCaprio's Instagram|
|Leonardo DiCaprio's Facebook|
|IMDb||Leonardo DiCaprio's IMDb|
|Rotten Tomatoes||Leonardo DiCaprio's Rotten Tomatoes|
Actor who first rose to prominence for his roles in the 1990's films What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Romeo + Juliet and Titanic. He then went on to star in Catch Me If You Can, Blood Diamond, The Departed and Inception. He won an Academy Award for Best Actor for his role as Hugh Glass in the 2015 film The Revenant.
He began his career by acting in commercials and educational films under the name Lenny Williams. He was kicked off the set for Romper Room when he was five years old for disruptive behavior.
He made his big screen debut playing the character Josh in the 1991 film Critters 3. His roles as Howard Hughes in The Aviator and as Jordan Belfort in The Wolf of Wall Street earned him Golden Globe Awards for Best Actor.
He became a favorite actor of acclaimed director Martin Scorsese, starring in Scorsese's films Gangs of New York, The Aviator, The Departed, Shutter Island and The Wolf of Wall Street.
- Leonardo DiCaprio Category
- Grouvellinus leonardodicaprioi , a beetle named after DiCaprio.
- Spintharus leonardodicaprioi , a spider named after DiCaprio.
- Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role Screen Actors Guild Award winners
- Best Actor AACTA International Award winners
- Best Actor AACTA Award winners
- Male actors from Hollywood, Los Angeles
- Male actors from Palm Springs, California
- Best Actor BAFTA Award winners
- Best Musical or Comedy Actor Golden Globe (film) winners
- Silver Bear for Best Actor winners
- Best Drama Actor Golden Globe (film) winners
- Best Actor Academy Award winners
- Contestants on American game shows
- American agnostics
- Film producers from California
- Male actors from California
Latest information about Leonardo DiCaprio updated on May 10 2021.