Martin Hugh Michael O'Neill, is a Northern Irish professional football manager and former player who played as a midfielder. He was most recently manager of Championship club Nottingham Forest. Starting his career in Northern Ireland, O'Neill moved to England where he spent most of his playing career with Nottingham Forest, with whom he won the European Cup twice, in 1979 and 1980. He was capped 64 times for the Northern Ireland national football team, also captaining the side at the 1982 World Cup. O'Neill has managed Grantham Town, Wycombe Wanderers, Norwich City, Leicester City, Celtic, Aston Villa and Sunderland. He guided Leicester City to the Football League Cup final three times, winning twice. As Celtic manager between 2000 and 2005, he led that club to three Scottish Premier League titles and the 2003 UEFA Cup Final. After joining Aston Villa he achieved three consecutive sixth-place finishes in the English Premier League and guided them to the 2010 Football League Cup Final.
About Martin Oneill
Soccer manager and former player who played for Northern Ireland as a midfielder from 1971-1984. He went on to manage Ireland from 2013 until 2018.
From 1969-1971, he played youth soccer for Derry City.
With Celtic, he won back-to-back Scottish Premier League titles in 2000-2001 and 2001-2002.
He has two daughters with wife Geraldine O'Neill, whom he married in 1979.
He managed midfielder Craig Gardner on Aston Villa.
Information related to Martin O'Neill
- Expatriate football managers in the Republic of Ireland
- Nottingham Forest F.C. managers
- Expatriate football managers from Northern Ireland
- Grantham Town F.C. managers
- Celtic F.C. managers
- Republic of Ireland national football team managers
- UEFA Euro 2016 managers
- Wycombe Wanderers F.C. managers
- Expatriates from Northern Ireland in the Republic of Ireland
- Norwich City F.C. captains
- People educated at St Malachy's College
- Derry Gaelic footballers
- Shamrock Rovers F.C. guest players
- Aston Villa F.C. managers
- Sunderland A.F.C. managers
- Norwich City F.C. managers
- Northern Premier League managers
- People educated at St Columb's College
- Leicester City F.C. managers
- Shepshed Dynamo F.C. managers
- Southern Football League managers
- Scottish Premier League managers
- Lisburn Distillery F.C. players
- Football managers from Northern Ireland
- Gaelic footballers who switched code
- National League (English football) managers
- Premier League managers
- Northern Ireland international footballers
- Alumni of Queen's University Belfast
- NIFL Premiership players