McKayla Rose Maroney is a retired American gymnast and art singer. She was a member of the American women's gym team named the Most Aggressive at the 2012 Summer Olympics, where she won a team gold medal and an individual silver medal in the sport gymnastics. Maroney is also a member of the US team that won a gold medal at the 2011 World Championship, where she won gold medals in both team and vault competitions. She defended her world title and won a gold medal in gymnastics at the 2013 World Championship, becoming the first American gymnast to defend the title. gender in gymnastics. A photo of her with her "unimpressed" expression, taken after winning a silver prize at the 2012 Olympics, has become an internet meme. In 2016, she retired from gymnastics.
|Full name||McKayla Rose Maroney|
|Born||December 9, 1995, Aliso Viejo, California, United States|
|Hometown||Laguna Niguel, California|
|Level||Senior International Elite|
|Gym||All Olympia Gymnastics Center (AOGC)|
|Head coach(es)||Artur Akopyan|
|Assistant coach(es)||Galina Marinova|
|Former coach(es)||Jenny Zhang, Howie Liang|
|Choreographer||Geza Pozsar (2011)|
|Music||"Those Were The Days"/"Dorogoi dlinnoyu" (2011), "Yemmoo" by Samvel Yervinyan (2012)|
|Retired||February 24, 2016|
|McKayla Maroney's Twitter|
|McKayla Maroney's Facebook|
|IMDb||McKayla Maroney's IMDb|
U.S. Olympic gymnast who took home the silver medal in the vault at the 2012 London games, as well as the gold medal for the team category.
She first imagined going to the Olympics at the age of nine.
She defended her World title at the 2013 World Championships.
She has two siblings named Tarynn and Kav.
She shared the team Gold Medal with Gabby Douglas at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- Gymnastics at the 2012 Summer Olympics - Three gymnastics participated in the London 2012 Olympics: gymnastics, aerobics and jogging.
- United States at the 2012 Summer Olympics - The United States of America, represented by the United States Olympic Committee, competed in the 2012 Summer Olympics in London from July 27 to August 12 2012
- United States Olympic Gold Medalist in Gymnastics
- Olympic silver medalist for the United States in gymnastics
- World champion gymnast athlete
- American female gymnast athlete
- United States Olympic gymnastics athletes
- Athletes California
- Gymnastics athletes at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- Medalist at the Gymnastics World Championship
Latest information about McKayla Maroney updated on June 16 2021.