Barbora Špotáková is a Czech track and field athlete who competes in the javelin throw. She is a two-time Olympic Champion and three-time World Champion, as well as the current world record holder with a throw of 72.28 m.
About Barbora Spotakova
Champion javelin thrower who won Olympic gold medals in 2008 and 2012. She set a javelin-throwing world record at the 2008 IAAF World Athletics Final with a distance of 72.28m.
She attended the University of Minnesota, where she was an All-American.
She won the Czech Federation award for Athlete of the Year five consecutive years, from 2007 to 2011.
She had her first child, a son, in 2013.
She was coached by former Olympic javelin champion Jan Zelezny.
Information related to Barbora Špotáková
- Czech female javelin throwers
- Olympic gold medalists for the Czech Republic
- Olympic bronze medalists for the Czech Republic
- Olympic athletes of the Czech Republic
- Olympic gold medalists in athletics (track and field)