Keshorn "Keshie" Walcott, ORTT is a Trinidadian track and field athlete who competes in the javelin throw. He is an Olympic champion, having won gold in 2012. He is the first Caribbean male athlete, as well as the first of African descent, to win the gold medal in a throwing event in the history of the Olympics. He is also the holder of the North, Central American and Caribbean junior record. Walcott is the youngest Olympic gold medallist in the men's javelin, and the first athlete in any track and field event to win World Junior and Olympic titles in an individual event the same year.
|Sport:||Track and field|
|Personal best(s):||NR 90.16 m (2015)|
About Keshorn Walcott
Olympian and javelin thrower who won a gold medal at the 2012 London games, as well as a gold at the 2012 World Junior Championships.
Keshorn Walcott Before Fame
Prior to turning professional, he won two gold medals at the CAC Junior Championships.
Achievement of Keshorn Walcott
In 2012, he became the youngest Olympian ever to become a champion in the javelin throw.
Keshorn Walcott Family Life
He was born in Toco, Trinidad and Tobago.
Associations of Keshorn Walcott
He and Rosie Maclennan both obtained gold medals at the 2012 games in London.
Information related to Keshorn Walcott
- Trinidad and Tobago at the 2012 Summer Olympics - Trinidad and Tobago competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, United Kingdom from 27 July to 12 August 2012. This was Trinidad and Tobago's most successful Summer Olympics.
- Olympic bronze medalists for Trinidad and Tobago
- Pan American Games gold medalists for Trinidad and Tobago
- Commonwealth Games silver medallists for Trinidad and Tobago
- Olympic gold medalists for Trinidad and Tobago
- Trinidad and Tobago male javelin throwers
- Olympic athletes of Trinidad and Tobago
- Medalists at the 2015 Pan American Games
- Athletes (track and field) at the 2015 Pan American Games
- Olympic gold medalists in athletics (track and field)
- Athletes (track and field) at the 2014 Commonwealth Games