Carly Rae Jepsen is a Canadian singer, songwriter, and actress. Born and raised in Mission, British Columbia, Jepsen performed several lead roles in her high school's musical productions and pursued musical theatre at the Canadian College of Performing Arts in Victoria, BC. After completing her studies, she relocated to Vancouver and later competed on the fifth season of Canadian Idol in 2007, placing third. In 2008, Jepsen released her folk-influenced debut studio album Tug of War in Canada. Jepsen's breakthrough came in 2012, when her single "Call Me Maybe" achieved significant mainstream popularity; the song was the best-selling single of that year, reaching number one in 18 countries. As a result, she was signed to a joint worldwide record deal with School Boy Records and Interscope Records. Jepsen's second studio album, Kiss, was released later that year.
|Born:||November 21, 1985, Mission, British Columbia, Canada|
|Occupation(s):||Singer, songwriter, actress|
|Instruments:||Vocals, guitar, keyboards|
|Labels:||MapleMusic, 604, School Boy, Interscope|
|Website:||Carly Rae Jepsen's Official site|
|Twitter:||Carly Rae Jepsen's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Carly Rae Jepsen's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Carly Rae Jepsen's Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Carly Rae Jepsen's Youtube channel|
|IMDb:||Carly Rae Jepsen's IMDb|
|Spotify:||Carly Rae Jepsen's Spotify|
|iTunes:||Carly Rae Jepsen's iTunes|
About Carly Rae Jepsen
Pop singer best known for her debut single "Call Me Maybe," which reached #1 on the U.S. and Canadian Billboards while receiving over 400 million YouTube views. She is also known for portraying Frenchy in the 2016 Fox broadcast of Grease Live!
She went to the Canadian College of Performing Arts and then tried out for the 2007 season of Canadian Idol, placing third.
Her first hit "Tug of War" was named the Song of the Year at the Canadian Radio Music Awards.
Her father would sing James Taylor songs to her before she fell asleep. In 2012, she began dating fellow pop star Matthew Koma. They broke up in 2014, and she began dating photographer David Kalani Larkins. They broke up in 2019, and she started dating James Flannigan.
Information related to Carly Rae Jepsen
- Carly Rae Jepsen discography - Canadian singer and songwriter Carly Rae Jepsen has released four studio albums, two compilation albums, four EPs, 21 singles, 11 promotional singles, and 16 music videos. In 2007, Jepsen finished third in the fifth season of the talent series Canadian Idol.
- School Boy Records artists
- MapleMusic Recordings artists
- Canadian Idol participants
- Pop rock singers
- Canadian expatriate musicians in the United States
- Canadian women activists
- LGBT rights activists from Canada
- Canadian folk singer-songwriters
- Canadian female singer-songwriters
- Canadian female pop singers
- Interscope Records artists
- 21st-century Canadian singers