Dwayne Douglas Johnson, also known by his ring name The Rock, is an American-Canadian actor, producer, businessman, retired professional wrestler, and former professional football player. He was a professional wrestler for the World Wrestling Federation for eight years prior to pursuing an acting career. His films have grossed over $3.5 billion in North America and over $10.5 billion worldwide, making him one of the highest-grossing box-office stars of all time. Johnson was a college football player for the University of Miami, with whom he won a national championship in 1991. He initially aspired for a professional career in football and entered the 1995 NFL Draft, but he went undrafted. As a result, Johnson signed with the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League, but was cut from the team in the middle of his first season. Shortly after, he began training as a professional wrestler.
|Born:||May 2, 1972, Hayward, California, U.S.|
|Nationality:||Canadian • American|
|Occupation:||Actor, producer, businessman, professional wrestler, football player|
|Years active:||1990–1995 (football), 1996–2004, 2011–2019 (wrestling), 1999–present (acting)|
|Relatives:||Rocky Johnson (father), Peter Maivia (grandfather), Lia Maivia (grandmother), Nia Jax (cousin), Rosey (cousin), Roman Reigns (cousin), Sib Hashian (father-in-law)|
|Twitter:||Dwayne Johnson's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Dwayne Johnson's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Dwayne Johnson's Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Dwayne Johnson's Youtube channel|
|IMDb:||Dwayne Johnson's IMDb|
|Rotten Tomatoes:||Dwayne Johnson's Rotten Tomatoes|
About Dwayne Johnson
Initially gained fame as the wrestler The Rock, competing in the WWF and WWE from 1996 to 2004. He then became a widely popular actor, starring in such films as Hercules, San Andreas and the Fast and the Furious franchise.
He played college football at the University of Miami before joining the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League. He spent two months with the team in 1995 before being cut.
In 2007, he set an all-time record by earning the highest income for a first starring role after receiving $5.5 million for his appearance in The Scorpion King. In 2016, he played a demigod in the highly successful animated film Moana.
He married Dany Garcia on May 3, 1997, and they had an amicable separation on June 1, 2007. He then began dating Lauren Hashian and the two married in August 2019. He and Hashian have two daughters named Jasmine and Tiana and he also has a daughter named Simone from his relationship with Garcia.
Madison Pettis played his daughter in the 2007 film The Game Plan, which was the last film promoted with his ring name.
Information related to Dwayne Johnson
- Rock and a Hard Place (film) - Rock and a Hard Place is a documentary film produced by and featuring Dwayne Johnson about youth prison boot camps, premiered by HBO in March 2017.
- WWF/WWE World Heavyweight Champions
- The Nation of Domination members
- American expatriates in New Zealand
- Anoa'i family
- Sportspeople from Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Sportspeople from Hayward, California
- Male actors from the San Francisco Bay Area
- Black Canadian male actors
- Sportspeople from the San Francisco Bay Area
- Professional wrestlers from California
- Canadian male professional wrestlers
- Miami Hurricanes football players
- 20th-century Canadian male actors
- Canadian football defensive linemen
- 21st-century Canadian male actors
- American football defensive linemen
- African-American players of Canadian football