Eva Marie Saint is an American actress. In a career spanning 70 years, she is best known for starring in Elia Kazan's On the Waterfront, and Alfred Hitchcock's North by Northwest. The former won her the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. She received Golden Globe and BAFTA Award nominations for A Hatful of Rain and won a Primetime Emmy Award for the television miniseries People Like Us. Her film career also includes roles in Raintree County, Exodus, The Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming, Grand Prix, Nothing in Common, Because of Winn-Dixie, Superman Returns, and Winter's Tale.
|Born:||July 4, 1924, Newark, New Jersey, U.S.|
|IMDb:||Eva Marie Saint's IMDb|
About Eva Marie Saint
Actress who received an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in the 1954 classic On the Waterfront. She also starred in the 1959 spy thriller North by Northwest.
She studied acting and was a member of Delta Gamma Sorority while studying at Bowling Green State University.
Her performance in the 1957 film A Hatful of Rain earned her a BAFTA Award nomination.
She married Jeffery Hayden in 1951. The couple welcomed their son, Darrell, in 1955 and their daughter, Laurette, in 1958. They were together up until Hayden's death in 2016.
Information related to Eva Marie Saint
- Lists of American actors - The following are lists of American actors: • List of American film actors • List of American film actresses • List of American television actors • List of American television actresses • List of American character actors • List of African-American actors • List of American actors of Irish...
- Actresses from Newark, New Jersey
- Outstanding Performance by a Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie Primetime Emmy Award winners
- Best Supporting Actress Academy Award winners
- Bowling Green State University alumni