Gael García Bernal is a Mexican actor and producer. García Bernal is best known for his performances in the films Bad Education, The Motorcycle Diaries, Amores perros, Y Tu Mamá También, Babel, and Coco, and for his role as Rodrigo de Souza in the Amazon Studios' web television series Mozart in the Jungle. He and Diego Luna founded Canana Films in Mexico City. García Bernal was nominated for a BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role for The Motorcycle Diaries in 2005, and in 2016 won his first Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Television Series Musical or Comedy for Mozart in the Jungle. In 2016, Time Magazine named him in the annual Time 100 most influential people list.
|Born:||November 30, 1978, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico|
|Residence:||Buenos Aires, Argentina, Mexico City, Mexico|
|Partner(s):||Dolores Fonzi (2008–2014)|
|Parent(s):||José Ángel García, Patricia Bernal|
|Relatives:||Darío Yazbek Bernal (half-brother)|
|Twitter:||Gael García Bernal's Twitter profile|
|IMDb:||Gael García Bernal's IMDb|
About Gael García Bernal
Director and actor who was given the Award for Excellence in Acting in the Provincetown International Film Festival. He played Santiago in the 2006 film Bable, which was nominated for seven film awards. In 2016, he was awarded a Golden Globe Award for his performance in Mozart In The Jungle.
He began starring in telenovelas in his teenage years.
In 1994, he was involved with the Chiapas uprising.
His mother is actress Patricia Bernal and his father is director Jose Angel Garcia. He married Dolores Fonzi in 2009. He has a son named Lazaro and a daughter named Libertad. He has a half-brother named Darío Yazbek Bernal who is also an actor.
He starred in Y Tu Mamá También and Rudo y Cursi with his close friend Diego Luna.
Information related to Gael García Bernal
- Cinema of Mexico - Mexican cinema dates to the late nineteenth century during the rule of President Porfirio Díaz. Seeing a demonstration of short films in 1896, Díaz immediately saw the importance of docoumenting his presidency in order to present an ideal image of it.
- Jorge Ramos (news anchor) - Jorge Gilberto Ramos Ávalos is a Mexican-born American journalist and author. Regarded as the best-known Spanish-language news anchor in the United States of America, he has been referred to as "The Walter Cronkite of Latin America".
- Mexican expatriates in Argentina
- Male actors from Guadalajara, Jalisco
- Best Musical or Comedy Actor Golden Globe (television) winners
- Mexican male child actors
- 21st-century Mexican male actors
- 20th-century Mexican male actors
- Hispanic and Latino American male actors
- Mexican male telenovela actors
- Mexican male film actors