Ivo Pogorelić is a Yugoslav-born pianist.
About Ivo Pogorelic
Croatian musician who was stricken with chronic rheumatic fever when he was a child and hepatitis when he was 21.
He was a graduate of the Moscow Conservatory.
He won the 1978 Casagrande Competition in Terni, Italy, and the 1980 Montreal International Musical Competition.
He married his piano teacher Aliza Kezeradze in 1980.
He and actor Forest Whitaker were both associated with UNESCO as Goodwill Ambassadors.
Information related to Ivo Pogorelić
- Croatian classical pianists
- Croatian expatriates in Switzerland
- Musicians from Belgrade
- Deutsche Grammophon artists
- Vladimir Nazor Award winners
- Yugoslav musicians
- Moscow Conservatory alumni
- 21st-century classical pianists