Jessica Tatiana Long is an American Paralympic swimmer from Baltimore, Maryland, who competes in the S8, SB7 and SM8 category events. She held multiple world records and has won multiple gold medals over four Summer Paralympics. In total Long has won 23 Paralympic medals.
About Jessica Long
Dominant paralympic swimmer who won 12 gold medals in her first three Paralympic games.
She had her legs amputated when she was 18-months old, but was an avid athlete in many sports, from swimming, to rock climbing, to gymnastics.
She has set more than 10 world records in her career.
She was adopted at 13-months old.
In 2013 she won her third ESPY for Best Female Athlete with a Disability, alongside Best Female Athlete winner Serena Williams.
Information related to Jessica Long
- S8-classified Paralympic swimmers
- Amputee sportspeople
- Paralympic swimmers of the United States
- American female swimmers
- James E. Sullivan Award recipients
- American disabled sportspeople
- World record holders in paralympic swimming
- Paralympic silver medalists for the United States
- Paralympic bronze medalists for the United States
- Swimmers at the 2016 Summer Paralympics
- Swimmers at the 2004 Summer Paralympics
- Paralympic gold medalists for the United States
- Swimmers at the 2008 Summer Paralympics
- Russian emigrants to the United States
- Swimmers at the 2012 Summer Paralympics
- American amputees
- American adoptees
- Sportspeople from Baltimore
- Medalists at the 2016 Summer Paralympics
- Medalists at the 2008 Summer Paralympics