Joseph Bernard Hudepohl is an American former competition swimmer, three-time Olympic medalist, and former world record-holder.
About Joe Hudepohl
As a member of the United States men's swimming team, he won a 400-meter freestyle relay gold medal at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics and went on to win gold in the 4X200-meter relay event at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics.
After being named the 1992 National High School Swimmer of the Year, he helped his Stanford University swim team attain several NCAA championship titles.
In 1995, he and fellow members of the U.S. swim team set a world record in the 400-meter freestyle relay event at the Pan Pacific Championships.
He grew up in the Cincinnati, Ohio suburb of Finneytown and later lived in both Palo Alto, California and Tampa, Florida. After ending his competitive swimming career, he worked for a Florida asset management firm.
He and Mark Henderson were both members of the gold-medal-winning American relay team at the 1996 Summer Olympics.
Information related to Joe Hudepohl
- World record progression 4 × 100 metres freestyle relay - This article includes the world record progression for the 4×100 metres freestyle relay, and it shows the chronological history of world record times in that competitive swimming event.
- Stanford Cardinal men's swimmers
- St. Xavier High School (Cincinnati) alumni
- Olympic bronze medalists for the United States in swimming
- American male freestyle swimmers
- Olympic gold medalists for the United States in swimming
- Swimmers at the 1992 Summer Olympics
- Sportspeople from Cincinnati
- Swimmers at the 1996 Summer Olympics
- Olympic swimmers of the United States