Jonathan Grant Evans is a Northern Irish professional footballer who plays as a defender for Premier League club Leicester City and the Northern Ireland national team. Evans was born in Belfast and started his career at Greenisland FC, where he was spotted by Manchester United scouts. He progressed through Manchester United's football Academy to play in several foreign tours in the summer of 2006. He then went on loan to Royal Antwerp and had two spells with Sunderland. He made his Manchester United first team debut in the 2007–08 League Cup, becoming a regular first-team squad member the following season. Evans is the second most decorated player in Northern Irish football history with 10 major trophies.
About Jonny Evans
Irish defender who joined Manchester United and Northern Ireland's national team in 2006.
He began his youth career with Manchester United in 2004 at age 16.
He played three seasons on loan to Sunderland from 2006 to 2008.
He grew up with a younger brother, fellow soccer player Corry Evans.
He won two Premier League titles with Manchester United alongside teammate Wayne Rooney in 2009 and 2011.
Information related to Jonny Evans
- Steve Aiken - Stephen Ronald "Steve" Aiken is an Ulster Unionist Party politician from Northern Ireland. He has been an MLA for South Antrim since the 2016 election. Before politics he served in the Royal Navy.
- Expatriate association footballers from Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland youth international footballers
- Northern Ireland under-21 international footballers
- Northern Ireland international footballers
- Royal Antwerp F.C. players
- Sportspeople from Belfast
- UEFA Euro 2016 players