Karim Koceila Yanis Ziani is an Algerian former professional footballer. He played in different midfield positions in but was best known for being a playmaker. Ziani is considered to be a national hero by many Algerians, as it was his cross that led to the goal that put them into their first World Cup competition since 1986 at the expense of bitter rivals Egypt. He has participated in two continental tournaments 2004 Africa Cup of Nations and the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations, the latter in which Algeria finished fourth, and the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Overall, he has participated in 62 official games for the Algerian national team, in which he has scored five goals.
|Karim Ziani's Twitter|
Algerian midfielder who scored the goal that sent Algeria to the 2010 World Cup. He was named Ligue 2 Player of the Year in 2006 while playing for Lorient.
He began his junior soccer career with Racing Club de Paris at age 13.
He won the Algerian Ballon d’Or in 2006 and 2007.
He had two children, Lina and Kais.
He was defeated by Landon Donovan and the US national team during the first round of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- Jacques Attali - Jacques Attali is a French economic and social theorist, writer, political adviser and senior civil servant, who served as a counselor to President François Mitterrand from 1981 to 1991 and was the first head of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in 1991-1993.
- Twin people from France
- El Jaish SC players
- Ajman Club players
- US Orléans players
- Algeria youth international footballers
- Algeria under-23 international footballers
- Al-Arabi SC (Qatar) players
- Kabyle people
- Algerian expatriate footballers
- Kayserispor footballers
- FC Lorient players
- Troyes AC players
- VfL Wolfsburg players
- FC Petrolul Ploiești players
- Algeria international footballers
- FC Sochaux-Montbéliard players
- Olympique de Marseille players
Latest information about Karim Ziani updated on May 07, 2021.