Kenley Geronimo Jansen is a Curaçaoan professional baseball pitcher for the Los Angeles Dodgers of Major League Baseball. He converted from a catcher to a relief pitcher in the minor leagues, and made his major league debut in 2010. Jansen has served as the Dodgers' closer since 2012, and led the National League in saves in 2017. He is a three-time MLB All-Star and two-time NL Reliever of the Year. In 2019, Jansen became the 30th pitcher to reach 300 career saves.
|Twitter:||Kenley Jansen's Twitter profile|
About Kenley Jansen
MLB pitcher from the Netherlands Antilles who joined the Los Angeles Dodgers in 2010 and became the team's closer in 2013. He was named to the National League All-Star team in both 2016 and 2017 and helped the Dodgers reach the World Series in 2017.
He was originally signed as a catcher, but his strong arm behind the plate caught the attention of scouts during the 2009 World Baseball Classic.
He pitched in the Major Leagues less than a year after learning how to pitch.
He was born and raised in Curacao.
He and his hero Mariano Rivera both found success in the majors with their devastating cutters.
Information related to Kenley Jansen
- Major League Baseball players from Curaçao
- West Oahu Canefires players
- North Shore Honu players
- Curaçao expatriate baseball players in the United States
- Curaçao baseball players
- National League saves champions
- Gulf Coast Dodgers players
- Great Lakes Loons players
- Ogden Raptors players
- Inland Empire 66ers of San Bernardino players
- Baseball catchers
- Rancho Cucamonga Quakes players
- Peoria Javelinas players
- Albuquerque Isotopes players