Kevin Wesley Love is an American professional basketball player with the Cleveland Cavaliers of the National Basketball Association. He was five times All-Star and won the NBA Championship with the Cavaliers in 2016. He was also a member of the US National Team which won gold at the FIBA World Championships and World Championships 2010. 2012 Summer Games. The son of former NBA player Stan Love, Love is one of the top promising students at Lake Oswego High School in Oregon. He played a college basketball season for UCLA Bruins and led the team to the Fourth Final at the NCAA in 2008. Love was named America's First Team by consensus and was voted player of year at Pac-12 conference. He opted to give up his three-year college qualification and competed in the 2008 NBA Draft. He was beaten by the Memphis Grizzlies for the fifth final year and traded for the Minnesota Timberwolves on draft night for the match third final, O. J. Mayo, in an eight-person contract.
|Born||September 7, 1988, Santa Monica, California|
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in|
|Listed weight||251 lb|
|High school||Lake Oswego, (Lake Oswego, Oregon)|
|Position||Power forward / Center|
|NBA draft||2008 / Round: 1 / Pick: 5, Memphis Grizzlies|
|Kevin Love's Twitter|
|Kevin Love's Instagram|
|IMDb||Kevin Love's IMDb|
Star NBA power forward/center known for his three-point shot and tough rebounding. He spent the first six years of his NBA career with the Minnesota Timberwolves before a blockbuster trade sent him to the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2014. He won an Olympic gold medal with the U.S. national team in 2012 and an NBA Championship with the Cavaliers in 2016.
Walt Hazzard allowed Love to wear his retired #42 jersey while at UCLA. During his lone season at UCLA, Love earned Pac-10 Player of the Year honors and led the Bruins to the Final Four of the 2008 NCAA Tournament.
He was selected fifth overall in the 2008 NBA Draft by the Memphis Grizzlies, but he was traded shortly thereafter to the Timberwolves.
He is the son of Stanley and Karen Love, and was raised with a brother and sister, Collin and Emily. In 2016, he began dating model Kate Bock; he proposed to her in January 2021. His uncle Mike Love helped found The Beach Boys.
He trained under the mentorship of Hall of Fame center Bill Walton at UCLA. He's always posting photos of his dog on Instagram.
- 2006 All America High School Basketball - An all-American team is an honorable sports team that typically consists of top amateurs from a specific season for each position on the team - who in turn are awarded the title "All American" Title And is commonly referred to as "All-American Athlete" or simply "All Americans".
- Alumni of Lake Oswego High School
- The Wilson family (the Beach Boys)
- Basketball players in Round 4 of the 2008 NCAA Men's Division Finals
- Memphis Grizzlies draft options
- Sports players from Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Oregon basketball players
- Sports athlete from Santa Monica, California
- UCLA Bruins male basketball players
- Olympic gold medal for the United States in basketball
- Minnesota Timberwolves players
- Basketball players at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- United States Men's Basketball Team players
- Cleveland Cavaliers players
- National Basketball Association Stars
Latest information about Kevin Love updated on June 20 2021.