About Louis I
King of Hungary and Croatia from 1342 to 1382 who was the head of the senior branch of the Angevin dynasty and one of the most prolific monarch of the Late Middle Ages. He notably secured Dalmatia and part of Bosnia within the Holy Crown of Hungary and spent much of his tenure in power at war with the Republic of Venice.
Louis I Before Fame
He became King of Hungary at the age of 16 after being educated by his mother.
Achievement of Louis I
Known for his love of warfare, he helped Hungary expand to its largest and most influential size and he was the first European monarch who came into collision with the Ottoman Turks.
Louis I Family Life
He had three daughters, Catherine, May and Hedwig with Elizabeth of Bosnia.
Associations of Louis I
He served as King during the middle ages, which would soon be the case for England's King Richard III.
Information related to Louis I
- Louis the Pious The King of the Franks and co-emperor with his father, Charlemagne, from 813.
- Louis VIII of France Louis VIII, byname The Lion, was King of France from 1223 to 1226.
- Louis X of France Louis X, called the Quarrelsome, the Headstrong, or the Stubborn, was King of France from 1314 to...
- Ludwig I of Thuringia Ludwig I or Louis I was ruler of Thuringia from 1123 to 1140.
- Ludwig I, Count of Württemberg Ludwig I of Württemberg was Count of Wirtemberg. He reigned from 1143 until 1158.
- Louis I of Blois Louis I of Blois was Count of Blois from 1191 to 1205.
- Louis I Wittelsbach, Duke of Bavaria The Duke of Bavaria from 1183 and Count Palatine of the Rhine from 1214.
- Louis I, Duke of Bourbon Louis I, called the Lame was Count of Clermont-en-Beauvaisis and La Marche and the first Duke of...
- Louis I of Flanders Louis I was Count of Flanders, Nevers and Rethel.
- Louis I of Châtillon Louis II of Châtillon, son of Guy I, Count of Blois and Margaret of Valois, was count of Blois...
- Louis I of Hungary Louis I, also Louis the Great; or Louis the Hungarian, was King of Hungary and Croatia from 1342...
- Louis I of Naples A member of the Capetian House of Anjou who reigned as King of Naples, Count of Provence and...
- Louis of Valois, Duke of Orléans Louis I of Orléans was Duke of Orléans from 1392 to his death.
- Louis I, Duke of Bar A French bishop of the 15th century and the de jure Duke of Bar from 1415 to 1430, ruling from...
- Louis I, Count of Montpensier The third son of John I, Duke of Bourbon and Marie, Duchess of Auvergne.
- Louis I de Bourbon, Prince de Condé A prominent Huguenot leader and general, the founder of the House of Condé, a cadet branch of the...
- Louis I, Cardinal of Guise The fourth son of Claude, Duke of Guise and Antoinette de Bourbon, and the younger brother of...
- Louis I of Spain Louis I was King of Spain from 15 January 1724 until his death in August the same year.
- Louis I, Grand Duke of Hesse Louis I, Grand Duke of Hesse was Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt and later the first Grand Duke of...
- Ludwig I of Bavaria Ludwig I or Louis I was king of Bavaria from 1825 until the 1848 revolutions in the German states.
- Luís I of Portugal A member of the ruling House of Braganza, and King of Portugal from 1861 to 1889.