Willard Mitt Romney is an American politician and businessman who has served as the junior United States senator from Utah since January 2019. He previously served as the 70th Governor of Massachusetts from 2003 to 2007 and was the Republican Party's nominee for President of the United States in the 2012 election. Raised in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, by his parents, George and Lenore Romney, he spent over two years from 1966 in France as a Mormon missionary. He married Ann Davies in 1969; they have five sons. By 1971, he had participated in the political campaigns of both parents. Romney earned a Bachelor of Arts in English from Brigham Young University in 1971 and a joint JD–MBA from Harvard University in 1975. Romney became a management consultant and in 1977 joined Bain & Company in Boston. As Bain's chief executive officer, he later helped lead the company out of a financial crisis.
|Born:||Willard Mitt Romney, March 12, 1947, Detroit, Michigan, U.S.|
|Political party:||Republican (1993–present)|
|Children:||5, including Tagg|
|Parents:||George W. Romney, Lenore LaFount|
|Education:||Brigham Young University (BA), Harvard University (JD–MBA)|
|Civilian awards:||Canterbury Medal|
|Preceded by:||Orrin Hatch|
|Twitter:||Mitt Romney's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Mitt Romney's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Mitt Romney's Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Mitt Romney's Youtube channel|
|IMDb:||Mitt Romney's IMDb|
|Rotten Tomatoes:||Mitt Romney's Rotten Tomatoes|
About Mitt Romney
Republican politician who served as the 70th Governor of Massachusetts from 2003 to 2007 and was the 2012 Republican nominee for President. He was also the president and CEO of the Salt Lake Organizing Committee for the 2002 Winter Olympics and a documentary about him entitled Mitt was released on Netflix in 2014.
He worked as a management consultant for Boston Consulting Group, and served as the CEO of Bain & Company for a salary of one dollar in 1991.
He ran for President in 2008, but lost the Republican nomination to John McCain.
He married Ann Romney in 1969, and the couple had five sons together. They are both active Mormons in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
In the 2012 election, Barack Obama received 50.6 percent of the popular vote, whereas Romney received 47.8 percent of the popular vote.
Information related to Mitt Romney
- Mitt Romney Category
- President of the Organising Committee for the Olympic Games - The President of the Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games is the individual who is in charge of leading the Organizing Committee for each Olympic Games.
- George W. Romney
- American Mormon missionaries in France
- Recipients of the Paralympic Order
- Republican Party (United States) presidential nominees
- National Executive Board of the Boy Scouts of America members
- Pratt–Romney family
- Cranbrook Educational Community alumni
- American consulting businesspeople
- Boston Consulting Group people
- Presidents of the Organising Committees for the Olympic Games
- Bain Capital people
- Governors of Massachusetts
- American management consultants
- American financial company founders
- Businesspeople from Michigan
- Businesspeople from Massachusetts
- Private equity and venture capital investors
- Utah Republicans
- American Mormon missionaries in the United States
- Businesspeople from California
- American corporate directors
- Writers from Massachusetts
- American chief executives of financial services companies
- American leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- American investors
- 20th-century Mormon missionaries