Russell Ira Crowe is an actor, film producer, director and musician. Although a New Zealand citizen, he has lived most of his life in Australia since 1985. He came to international attention for his role as the Roman General Maximus Decimus Meridius in the epic historical film Gladiator, directed by Ridley Scott, for which Crowe won an Academy Award, a Broadcast Film Critics Association Award, an Empire Award, and a London Film Critics Circle Award for Best Leading Actor, along with ten other nominations in the same category. Crowe's other award-winning performances include portrayals of tobacco firm whistle-blower Jeffrey Wigand in the drama film The Insider and John F. Nash in the biopic A Beautiful Mind.
|Born:||Russell Ira Crowe, April 7, 1964, Wellington, New Zealand|
|Occupation:||Actor, film producer, musician|
|Relatives:||Dave Crowe (paternal uncle), Jeff Crowe (paternal first cousin), Martin Crowe (paternal first cousin)|
|Twitter:||Russell Crowe's Twitter profile|
|IMDb:||Russell Crowe's IMDb|
About Russell Crowe
Oscar-winning actor who won four film awards for Best Actor after playing Maximus in Gladiator, and who played Javert in the 2012 film Les Misérables. He was in Cinderella Man, American Gangster, and Master and Commander.
Russell Crowe Before Fame
He made his first acting appearance on an Australian television program at the age of 5. His first successful American film was Virtuosity.
Achievement of Russell Crowe
In 2001, the U.S. Secret Service guarded him after the infamous and powerful al-Qaeda terrorist organization threatened his life.
Russell Crowe Family Life
His parents were both movie set caterers. He was married to Danielle Spencer from 2003 to 2012. He has two sons named Tennyson and Charles.
Associations of Russell Crowe
He starred with Ed Harris in A Beautiful Mind, which was a semi-biographical film about John Nash.
Information related to Russell Crowe
- Russell Crowe's jockstrap - Russell Crowe's jockstrap is a leather jockstrap that was part of a costume worn by actor Russell Crowe in the 2005 film Cinderella Man. In 2018, the jockstrap was auctioned off and was bought by comedian John Oliver, who in turn donated it to Alaska's last operating Blockbuster Video store.
- New Zealand rock singers
- New Zealand monarchists
- Rugby league chairmen and investors
- Best Supporting Actor AACTA Award winners
- Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role Screen Actors Guild Award winners
- New Zealand Christians
- New Zealand rugby league chairmen and investors
- People educated at Mount Roskill Grammar School
- Best Actor AACTA Award winners
- Best Miniseries or Television Movie Actor Golden Globe winners
- New Zealand film producers
- Australian expatriate male actors in the United States
- Best Actor BAFTA Award winners
- New Zealand male singers
- Best Drama Actor Golden Globe (film) winners
- Rugby league people in Australia
- People convicted of assault
- People educated at Sydney Boys High School
- Best Actor Academy Award winners
- New Zealand expatriates in the United States
- Singers from Sydney
- 20th-century New Zealand male actors
- Australian Christians
- Australian rock singers
- 21st-century New Zealand male actors
- Ngāti Porou
- Australian monarchists
- Male actors from Sydney
- New Zealand male film actors
- New Zealand male television actors
- 20th-century Australian singers
- People educated at Auckland Grammar School
- Australian film producers
- 21st-century Australian male actors
- 20th-century Australian male actors
- New Zealand emigrants to Australia
- Australian male singers
- 21st-century Australian singers
- Recipients of the Centenary Medal
- Australian male film actors