Whitney Elizabeth Houston was an American singer and actress. She was cited as the most awarded female artist of all time by Guinness World Records and remains one of the best-selling music artists of all time, with over 200 million records sold worldwide. Houston released seven studio albums and two soundtrack albums, all of which have been certified diamond, multi-platinum, platinum, or gold by the Recording Industry Association of America. Her crossover appeal on the popular music charts as well as her prominence on MTV influenced several female African-American female artists. Houston began singing in church as a child and became a background vocalist while in high school. With the guidance of Arista Records chairman Clive Davis, she signed to the label at the age of 19. Her first two studio albums, Whitney Houston and Whitney, both reached number one on the Billboard 200 and are among the world's best-selling albums of all time.
|Born:||Whitney Elizabeth Houston, August 9, 1963, Newark, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Died:||February 11, 2012, Beverly Hills, California, U.S.|
|Cause of death:||Drowning due to coronary artery disease and cocaine intoxication|
|Resting place:||Fairview Cemetery, Westfield, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Education:||Mount Saint Dominic Academy|
|Occupation:||Singer, actress, film producer, model|
|Children:||Bobbi Kristina Brown|
|Parent(s):||John Russell Houston, Jr, Cissy Houston|
|Relatives:||Gary Garland, (half-brother), Dionne Warwick, (cousin), Dee Dee Warwick, (cousin), Leontyne Price (cousin)|
|Instagram:||Whitney Houston's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Whitney Houston's Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Whitney Houston's Youtube channel|
|IMDb:||Whitney Houston's IMDb|
|Rotten Tomatoes:||Whitney Houston's Rotten Tomatoes|
|Spotify:||Whitney Houston's Spotify|
About Whitney Houston
R&B and pop performer who became the most awarded female singer in history for hits such as "Hold Me" from her record-breaking self-titled album.
She created the soundtrack for and starred in the film The Bodyguard alongside Kevin Costner.
She married Bobby Brown on July 18, 1992. They had a daughter named Bobbi and then divorced on April 24, 2007.
She sang a duet with Mariah Carey on the song "When You Believe" in 1998.
Information related to Whitney Houston
- Whitney Houston Category
- American Music Award nominations for Whitney Houston
- Grammy Awards and nominations for Whitney Houston - Whitney Houston is one of the most successful female singers of all time. Her accomplishments have been recognized with six competitive Grammy Awards, and two Grammy Hall of Fame Award, giving her a total of eight Grammy Awards, though she has been nominated twenty-six times.
- Honorific nicknames in popular music - Honorific nicknames in popular music are terms used, most often in the media or by fans, to indicate the significance of an artist, and are often religious, familial, or royal and aristocratic titles, used metaphorically.
- Actors from East Orange, New Jersey
- Musicians from East Orange, New Jersey
- 21st-century Baptists
- 20th-century Baptists
- Culture of Newark, New Jersey
- Singers with a four-octave vocal range
- American mezzo-sopranos
- African-American film producers
- Musicians from Newark, New Jersey
- African-American models
- Arista Records artists
- World Music Awards winners
- Ballad musicians
- African-American female models
- International opponents of apartheid in South Africa
- Burials in New Jersey
- Brit Award winners
- Singers from New Jersey
- Actresses from New Jersey
- American gospel singers
- African-American record producers
- American women film producers
- American female pop singers
- American dance musicians
- African-American female singers
- Primetime Emmy Award winners
- African-American Christians
- American soul singers