Zachary Knight Galifianakis is an American actor, comedian, and writer who came to prominence with his Comedy Central Presents special in 2001 and presented his own show called Late World with Zach on VH1 the following year. He has also starred in films, such as The Hangover trilogy, Due Date, Puss in Boots, The Campaign, Birdman or, Masterminds, and The Lego Batman Movie. Galifianakis is the host of the Emmy Award-winning talk show Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis on the Funny or Die website. He starred in the FX series Baskets for which he was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series in 2017.
|Birth name:||Zachary Knight Galifianakis|
|Born:||October 1, 1969, Wilkesboro, North Carolina, U.S.|
|Medium:||Stand-up, film, television, music|
|Education:||North Carolina State University|
|Genres:||Alternative comedy, surreal humour, observational comedy, black comedy, insult comedy, physical comedy, musical comedy, one-liners, deadpan|
|Subject(s):||Everyday life, self-deprecation, current events|
|Relative(s):||Nick Galifianakis (uncle), Nick Galifianakis (cousin)|
|Twitter:||Zach Galifianakis's Twitter profile|
|IMDb:||Zach Galifianakis's IMDb|
About Zach Galifianakis
Stand up comedian and actor who became known for his starring roles in The Hangover films, Due Date, and The Campaign. He also played a supporting role in the HBO series Bored to Death and in 2016, he began starring in the FX series Baskets.
He dropped out of North Carolina State University as a communications student and joined Saturday Night Live as a writer, but quit after two weeks. He started doing stand up comedy in a laundromat.
He married Quinn Lundberg, co-founder of the Growing Voices charity, in August 2012 and they had their first child together in September 2013.
He played a supporting role alongside Michael Keaton in the critically acclaimed 2014 film Birdman.
Information related to Zach Galifianakis
- Nick Galifianakis (politician) - Nick Galifianakis is a former American politician who served as a Democratic U.S. Congressman from North Carolina from 1967–1973.
- Junior Johnson - Robert Glenn Johnson Jr., better known as Junior Johnson, was a NASCAR driver of the 1950s and 1960s. He won 50 NASCAR races in his career before retiring in 1966. In the 1970s and 1980s, he became a NASCAR racing team owner; he sponsored such NASCAR champions as Cale Yarborough and Darrell Waltrip.
- Funny or Die
- Late night television talk show hosts
- Streamy Award winners
- American male web series actors
- Male actors from North Carolina
- American comedy musicians
- American cannabis activists
- Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture Screen Actors Guild Award winners
- North Carolina State University alumni
- North Carolina Democrats
- Primetime Emmy Award winners