Marshall Bruce Mathers III, known professionally as Eminem, is an American rapper, songwriter, and record producer. Eminem is among the best-selling music artists of all time, with estimated worldwide sales of more than 220 million records. He is credited with popularizing hip hop in Middle America and is critically acclaimed as one of the greatest rappers of all time. Eminem's global success and acclaimed works are widely regarded as having broken racial barriers for the acceptance of white rappers in popular music. While much of his transgressive work during the early 2000s made him hugely controversial, he came to be a representation of popular angst of the American underclass. He has been influential for many artists of various genres.
|Born:||Marshall Bruce Mathers III, October 17, 1972, St. Joseph, Missouri, U.S.|
|Other names:||Slim Shady|
|Occupation:||Rapper, songwriter, record producer, record executive|
|Net worth:||US$230 million (2019)|
|Twitter:||Eminem's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Eminem's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Eminem's Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Eminem's Youtube channel|
Born Marshall Mathers, he became an international sensation after the release of his first single, "My Name Is." He won the Best Rap Album Grammy for three consecutive albums: The Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show. He also received the Academy Award for Best Original Song for "Lose Yourself," from the 2002 film 8 Mile, which he also starred in.
Eminem Before Fame
He aspired to become a comic book artist until his uncle, Ronald Polkinghorn, introduced him to Ice-T's song "Reckless."
Achievement of Eminem
He caused waves when he performed his song "Stan" with Elton John at the 43rd Grammy Awards ceremony in 2001 and many saw it as a response to critics who had called his lyrics homophobic.
Eminem Family Life
He was married to Kimberly Anne Scott from June 14, 1999 until their divorce on October 11, 2001. They remarried on January 14, 2006, but divorced again later that year. He has three daughters named Hailie, Whitney and Alaina.
Associations of Eminem
He and Dr. Dre collaborated on many songs together including the 1999 song "Forgot About Dre."
Information related to Eminem
- Eminem Category
- Honorific nicknames in popular music - Honorific nicknames in popular music are terms used, most often in the media or by fans, to indicate the significance of an artist, and are often religious, familial, or royal and aristocratic titles, used metaphorically.
- Global Recording Artist of the Year - The Global Recording Artist of the Year is an award presented by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry to honor the best-performing recording artist based on a total of album-equivalent units, which include music downloads, streaming and physical format sales.
- Shady Records artists
- Aftermath Entertainment artists
- Rappers from Missouri
- Echo (music award) winners
- Horrorcore artists
- Rappers from Detroit
- Hardcore hip hop artists
- Best Original Song Academy Award-winning songwriters
- American music publishers (people)
- American radio producers
- American media executives
- Songwriters from Missouri
- World Music Awards winners
- Midwest hip hop musicians
- Songwriters from Michigan
- Brit Award winners
- American autobiographers
- Obscenity controversies in music
- American male rappers
- American music industry executives