Federica Pellegrini is an Italian swimmer. A native of Mirano, in the province of Venice, she holds the women's 200 m freestyle world record, and won a gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. At the 2009 World Championships in Rome, Pellegrini became the first woman ever to break the 4 minute barrier in the 400 m freestyle with a time of 3:59.15. Pellegrini is the only swimmer − male or female − to have won eight medals in a row in the same event at the World Championships. She is also the first female Olympic champion in the history of Italian swimming and the only Italian swimmer to have set world records in more than one event.
|Twitter:||Federica Pellegrini's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Federica Pellegrini's Instagram profile|
About Federica Pellegrini
Italian swimmer who competed in the 2012 Olympics held in London; she placed fifth in both the 200 meters freestyle and 400 meters freestyle.
She won her first silver medal at the age of sixteen.
She broke the freestyle world record at the 2009 World Championships in Rome.
She dated swimmer
She was at the Olympics along with Michael Phelps.
Information related to Federica Pellegrini
- World record progression 200 metres freestyle - This is a history of the progression of the World Record for the Swimming event: the 200 Freestyle. It is a listing of the fastest-time-ever swum in the event, in both long course and short course swimming pool.
- World record progression 400 metres freestyle - The first world record in the men's 400 metres freestyle in long course swimming was recognised by the International Swimming Federation in 1908. In the short course swimming events the world's governing body recognizes world records since 3 March 1991.
- Italian female swimmers
- World record holders in swimming
- Olympic swimmers of Italy
- Olympic gold medalists in swimming
- Competitors at the 2009 Mediterranean Games
- Olympic silver medalists for Italy
- Olympic gold medalists for Italy
- Olympic silver medalists in swimming