Herb Alpert is an American trumpeter who conducted Herb Alpert & Tijuana Brass in the 1960s. In the same decade, he co-founded A&M Records with Jerry Moss. Highlights of his career as a musician include recording the number one five albums; mapping 28 albums on the Billboard Magazine Albums chart; sales of 14 platinum and 15 gold albums; and won nine Grammy Awards. He has sold 72 million records worldwide. Alpert is the only musician to reach number 1 on the US pop chart Billboard Hot 100 as a singer and instrumentalist.
|Also known as||Dore Alpert, Tito Alpert|
|Born||March 31, 1935, Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Genres||Jazz, Latin, funk, pop, R&B|
|Occupation(s)||Trumpeter, composer, arranger, songwriter, singer, record producer, record executive, painter, sculptor|
|Instruments||Trumpet, piano, vocals|
|Labels||A&M, Verve, Almo Sounds, Shout! Factory, Herb Alpert Presents|
|Associated acts||The Tijuana Brass, The Baja Marimba Band, Los Norte Americanos, The Mexicali Brass, Al Tijuana & His Jewish Brass, Black Sombrero Brass, George Garabedian, Janet Jackson, Sotelúm & The Minarete Brass Orchestra, Nashville Marimba Band|
|Website||Herb Alpert's Official site|
|Youtube||Herb Alpert's Youtube|
|IMDb||Herb Alpert's IMDb|
Recorded A Taste of Honey with the Tijuana Brass. He co-founded A&M Records with partner Jerry Moss.
He served in the United States Army, where he played trumpet at military services.
He achieved five number-one albums on the Billboard charts and received eight Grammy Awards. He also sold 14 platinum albums and 15 gold albums.
He married recording artist Lani Hall in 1974. He has three daughters, Aria, Amanda and Eden, and a son, Dore.
His 1979 hit Rise was sampled by Notorious B.I.G. in Hypnotize from 1997.
- 20th Century Bronze Craftsmen - A bronze musical instrument is a musical instrument that produces sound by the sympathetic vibrations of air in a tubular resonator with the vibrations of a player's lips. Brass instruments are also known as labrosones or labrophones, Latin and Greek elements meaning "lips" and "sound."
- Documentary film Herb Alpert: Music for your eyes (2003).
- American artists perform Latin music
- Gentle jazz music
- Artist Almo Sounds
- Alumni of Fairfax High School (Los Angeles)
- Jewish jazz musicians
- Alumni of the Thornton School of Music
- Artists from A&M Records
- American Jewish musician
- Recipient of the United States National Medal of the Arts
- American jazz musicians
- American dance musicians
- The California Record Makers TM_VZ! CEO of the American music industry
Latest information about Herb Alpert updated on June 14 2021.