Adele Laurie Blue Adkins is an English singer-songwriter. After graduating from the BRIT School in 2006, Adele signed a recording contract with XL Recordings. In 2007, she received the Brit Awards Critics' Choice Award and won the BBC Sound of 2008 poll. Her debut album, 19, was released in 2008 to commercial and critical success. It is certified eight times platinum in the UK, and three times platinum in the US. The album contains her first song, "Hometown Glory", written when she was 16, which is based on her home suburb of West Norwood in London. An appearance she made on Saturday Night Live in late 2008 boosted her career in the US. At the 51st Grammy Awards in 2009, Adele received the awards for Best New Artist and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. Adele released her second studio album, 21, in 2011.
|Born:||Adele Laurie Blue Adkins, May 5, 1988, London, England|
|Alma mater:||BRIT School|
|Website:||Adele's Official site|
|Twitter:||Adele's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Adele's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Adele's Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Adele's Youtube channel|
Popular singer who became a mainstream success at nineteen when she released the four-times Platinum-selling album 19 and won the Grammy Award for Best New Artist in 2009.
She was raised by a single mother and cultivated an obsession with singing beginning when she was four. She claimed that the Spice Girls and Pink influenced her career choice as a singer.
She won a Golden Globe Award for "Skyfall," which became the theme of the twenty-third James Bond film of the same name.
In February 2012, she moved into a $7 million, ten-bedroom, twenty-five-acre mansion in West Sussex with her then-boyfriend Simon Konecki. In October 2012, she had a son named Angelo. She married Simon in 2017, then filed for divorce in 2019.
She and Beyonce Knowles became tied for winning the most Grammy Awards in the one night in 2012.
Information related to Adele
- Honorific nicknames in popular music - Honorific nicknames in popular music are terms used, most often in the media or by fans, to indicate the significance of an artist, and are often religious, familial, or royal and aristocratic titles, used metaphorically.
- Adele discography - English singer-songwriter Adele has released three studio albums, one video album, two extended plays, and 17 singles. Adele signed a record deal with XL in 2006, and released her debut album 19 in 2008.
- HIV/AIDS activists
- Golden Globe Award-winning musicians
- English mezzo-sopranos
- People educated at the BRIT School
- Echo (music award) winners
- XL Recordings artists
- English female guitarists
- English female singer-songwriters
- NME Awards winners
- Best Original Song Academy Award-winning songwriters
- Torch singers
- English soul singers
- Neo soul singers
- Ballad musicians
- English activists
- English feminists
- English female pop singers
- Labour Party (UK) people
- Brit Award winners
- Ivor Novello Award winners
- Feminist musicians
- Singers from London