Chan Kong-sang, known professionally as Jackie Chan, is a Hong Kong actor and martial artist known for his slapstick acrobatic fighting style, comic timing, and innovative stunts, which he typically performs himself. He has trained in Wushu or Kung Fu and Hapkido, and has been acting since the 1960s, performing in more than 150 films. He is one of the most popular action film stars of all-time. Chan is one of the most recognizable and influential cinematic personalities in the world, gaining a widespread following in both the Eastern and Western hemispheres, and has received stars on the Hong Kong Avenue of Stars and the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He has been referenced in various pop songs, cartoons, and video games. He is an operatically trained vocalist and is also a Cantopop and Mandopop star, having released a number of albums and sung many of the theme songs for the films in which he has starred.
|Born||Chan Kong-sang, April 7, 1954, Victoria Peak, British Hong Kong|
|Nationality||Chinese (Hong Kong)|
|Children||Jaycee Chan (son), Etta Ng (daughter)|
|Parents||Charles Chan (father), Lee-Lee Chan (mother)|
|Alma mater||Peking Opera School|
|Occupation||Martial artist, actor, filmmaker, action choreographer, singer, stunt director, stunt performer|
|Civilian awards||Full list|
|Jackie Chan's Twitter|
|Jackie Chan's Instagram|
|Jackie Chan's Facebook|
|IMDb||Jackie Chan's IMDb|
|Rotten Tomatoes||Jackie Chan's Rotten Tomatoes|
|iTunes||Jackie Chan's iTunes|
Actor, choreographer, and stuntman whose notable films include the Rush Hour trilogy, Enter the Dragon, Shanghai Noon, and The Karate Kid. He grew popular through his mix of comedy and stunts, most of which he performed himself, and has also worked as a director and producer, martial artist, and Mandopop singer.
He studied music, dance and martial arts at the China Drama Academy. He debuted in 1962's Big and Little Wong Tin Bar.
He received stars on both the Hong Kong Avenue of Stars and Hollywood Walk of Fame. A popular singer in Asia, he released albums in Cantonese, Mandarin, Taiwanese, and Japanese. He won Japan's Best Foreign Singer Awards in 1984.
He co-starred in three Rush Hour films with Chris Tucker.
- Jackie Chan Category
- Hong Kong action cinema - Hong Kong action cinema is the principal source of the Hong Kong film industry's global fame.
- Hong Kong male voice actors
- Hong Kong wushu practitioners
- Hong Kong stunt performers
- Hong Kong male comedians
- Hong Kong kung fu practitioners
- Hong Kong fashion businesspeople
- Hong Kong male child actors
- Chinese Jeet Kune Do practitioners
- Hong Kong fashion designers
- Hong Kong martial artists
- Sports car racing team owners
- Hong Kong hapkido practitioners
- 20th-century Hong Kong singers
- Hong Kong philanthropists
- Hong Kong Mandopop singers
- Hong Kong screenwriters
- 21st-century Hong Kong singers
- Action choreographers
- Hong Kong film producers
- Hong Kong male singers
- Cantopop singers
- Academy Honorary Award recipients
- Hong Kong film directors
- 21st-century Hong Kong male actors
- 20th-century Hong Kong male actors
- People named in the Panama Papers
- Hong Kong businesspeople
- Hong Kong male film actors
Latest information about Jackie Chan updated on May 10 2021.