Joaquin Rafael Phoenix is an American actor and producer. He has received numerous awards and nominations, including an Academy Award, a Grammy Award, and two Golden Globe Awards. As a child, Phoenix started acting in television with his brother River and sister Summer. His first major film role was in SpaceCamp. During this period, he was credited as Leaf Phoenix, a name he gave himself. He later went back to his original name and received positive reviews for his supporting work in the comedy-drama film To Die For and the period film Quills. He received wider attention for his portrayal of Commodus in the historical drama film Gladiator, for which he was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. He subsequently earned Best Actor nominations for portraying musician Johnny Cash in Walk the Line, an alcoholic war veteran in The Master, and the title character in Joker, winning for the latter.
|Born:||Joaquin Rafael Bottom, October 28, 1974, San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|Other names:||Leaf Phoenix|
|Partner(s):||Rooney Mara (2016–present, engaged)|
|Parent(s):||Arlyn Phoenix (mother)|
|Relatives:||River Phoenix (brother), Rain Phoenix (sister), Liberty Phoenix (sister), Summer Phoenix (sister)|
|IMDb:||Joaquin Phoenix's IMDb|
About Joaquin Phoenix
Earned Academy Award nominations for his portrayals of the evil Commodus in Gladiator, country star Johnny Cash in Walk the Line and Freddie Quell in The Master. He also delivered memorable performances in Her and Inherent Vice. He is the brother of the late actor River Phoenix.
As a child actor, he and his siblings were featured on a variety of commercials and television shows. He and his siblings provided for the family by performing on the street and playing musical instruments.
After filming Two Lovers, he formulated a hoax that he was giving up acting to pursue a career as a rapper, then he returned to screens in the 2012 film The Master.
His siblings are River, Rain, Liberty and Summer Phoenix. His mother Arlyn Phoenix named him Leaf Phoenix. His father John identified himself as a lapsed Catholic. He began dating Rooney Mara late in 2016. He was previously in relationships with Liv Tyler, Topaz Page-Green and Allie Teilz.
He starred opposite Reese Witherspoon in the film Walk the Line.
Information related to Joaquin Phoenix
- Earthlings - Earthlings is a 2005 American documentary film about humanity's use of other animals as pets, food, clothing, entertainment, and for scientific research.
- Dominion - Dominion is an Australian documentary released in 2018 by Chris Delforce. The film exposes the many ways in which animals are regularly misused. A total of six facets are illuminated: farm animals, wild animals, companion animals, entertainment animals, fur animals, and animal experimentation.
- People born with cleft palate
- Male actors from San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role Screen Actors Guild Award winners
- Best Actor BAFTA Award winners
- Best Musical or Comedy Actor Golden Globe (film) winners
- Best Drama Actor Golden Globe (film) winners
- Best Actor Academy Award winners
- Veganism activists
- American humanitarians
- American music video directors