Madonna Louise Ciccone is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. Referred to as the "Queen of Pop" since the 1980s, Madonna is known for pushing the boundaries of songwriting in popular music and for the visuals she uses onstage and in music videos. She has frequently reinvented her music and image while remaining completely in charge of every aspect of her career. Her diverse works, which incorporated social, political, sexual, and religious themes, have generated both critical acclaim and controversy. Madonna is often cited as an influence by other artists. Born and raised in Michigan, Madonna moved to New York City in 1978 to pursue a career in modern dance. After performing as a drummer, guitarist, and vocalist in the rock bands Breakfast Club and Emmy, Madonna signed with Sire Records in 1982 and released her eponymous debut album the next year.
|Born:||Madonna Louise Ciccone, August 16, 1958, Bay City, Michigan, U.S.|
|Other names:||Veronica (Catholic confirmation name)|
|Occupation:||Singer, songwriter, actress, businesswoman, record producer, dancer, film director, author, humanitarian|
|Home town:||Rochester Hills, Michigan, U.S.|
|Net worth:||U.S. $570–$800 million|
|Partner(s):||Carlos Leon (1995–1997)|
|Website:||Madonna (entertainer)'s Official site|
|Twitter:||Madonna (entertainer)'s Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Madonna (entertainer)'s Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Madonna (entertainer)'s Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Madonna (entertainer)'s Youtube channel|
|IMDb:||Madonna (entertainer)'s IMDb|
|Rotten Tomatoes:||Madonna (entertainer)'s Rotten Tomatoes|
|Spotify:||Madonna (entertainer)'s Spotify|
|SoundCloud:||Madonna (entertainer)'s SoundCloud|
|iTunes:||Madonna (entertainer)'s iTunes|
Pop icon and diva who was one of the most prominent faces in music during the 1980's. She has sold over 300 million albums across the world. Her best known songs include "Like A Virgin," "Papa Don't Preach," and "4 Minutes."
She grew up in an Italian-American household and was a straight A student, as well as a cheerleader, in high school. After earning a degree from the University of Michigan School of Music, Theatre & Dance, she moved to New York City to pursue dance.
She received a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress for her role as Eva Peron in the 1997 film Evita.
She married Sean Penn on August 16, 1985 and, after their divorce, she married Guy Ritchie on December 22, 2000. She and Ritchie divorced in 2008. She has six children named Lourdes, Rocco, David, Mercy, Stella, and Estere.
Information related to Madonna (entertainer)
- Madonna (entertainer) Category
- Honorific nicknames in popular music - Honorific nicknames in popular music are terms used, most often in the media or by fans, to indicate the significance of an artist, and are often religious, familial, or royal and aristocratic titles, used metaphorically.
- LGBT culture in New York City - New York City has one of the largest and most prominent LGBTQ populations in the world.
- Maverick Records artists
- American nonprofit businesspeople
- Golden Globe Award-winning musicians
- American expatriate actresses in the United Kingdom
- Controversies in the United States
- Best Musical or Comedy Actress Golden Globe (film) winners
- World record holders
- Film directors from Michigan
- Sex-positive feminists
- Actresses from Michigan
- American mezzo-sopranos
- American cosmetics businesspeople
- American pop rock singers
- Businesspeople from Michigan
- World Music Awards winners
- Sire Records artists
- American female rock singers
- Modern dancers
- American fashion businesspeople
- Interscope Records artists
- Songwriters from Michigan
- Singers from Michigan
- Feminist musicians
- American music industry executives
- American female pop singers
- American dance musicians
- American women in business
- American women activists