Marion Hugh "Suge" Knight Jr. is an American former music executive and the co-founder and CEO of Death Row Records, who was a central figure in gangsta rap's catapult to massive commercialization. This feat is attributed to the record label's first two album releases: Dr. Dre's The Chronic in 1992 and Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle in 1993. During 1995, Tupac Shakur began a prison sentence of up to four and a half years. Knight struck a deal with him that October, paying his bail and freeing him from prison — pending his conviction's appeal — while signing him to Death Row Records. In 1996, the label released 2Pac's greatest commercial success, All Eyez on Me. Yet that September, after departing a Mike Tyson boxing match in Las Vegas, a group that included Knight and Shakur assaulted Orlando Anderson, a Southside Compton Crips gang member. Three hours later someone shot into the car that Knight was driving and fatally wounded Shakur, and Anderson has since become the prime suspect.
|Born||Marion Hugh Knight Jr, April 19, 1965, Compton, California, U.S.|
|Occupation||Record producer, music executive|
|Criminal charge||Murder, attempted murder, hit and run|
|Criminal penalty||28 years in prison|
|Suge Knight's Twitter|
|Suge Knight's Facebook|
|IMDb||Suge Knight's IMDb|
Rap mogul who co-founded Death Row Records with Dr. Dre. He later founded Black Kapital Records.
He played college football first at El Camino College and then at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
He played for the Los Angeles Rams before becoming a producer, with his first big fortune coming from the success of Vanilla Ice.
He married Sharitha Knight. After their divorce, he married Michel'le. He has five children named Bailei, Taj, Andrew, Legend and Posh.
He helped to produce music for many popular icons, including Snoop Dogg.
- El Camino Warriors football players
- Tupac Shakur
- Musicians from Compton, California
- Prisoners and detainees of California
- UNLV Rebels football players
- American people convicted of manslaughter
- Criminals from California
- American people convicted of assault
- American businesspeople convicted of crimes
- American shooting survivors
- African-American businesspeople
- 21st-century American criminals
- African-American record producers
- 20th-century American criminals
- Record producers from California
- American music industry executives
Latest information about Suge Knight updated on June 20 2021.