Faakhir Mehmood is a Pakistani singer and composer. He started out his career in a Pakistani musical group called Awaz. However, due to conflicts of interest, the band split and they all went to become solo artists. The band Awaz also consisted of well known musician Haroon.
|Native name:||فاخر محمود|
|Birth name:||Faakhir Mehmood|
|Also known as:||Faakhir|
|Born:||April 20, 1973|
|Origin:||Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan|
|Occupation(s):||Singer, musician, music composer|
About Faakhir Mehmood
Award winning Pakistani pop singer, and member of the ground breaking Pakistani pop group Awaz, who revolutionized the pop scene in 1990's Pakistan. They are known for their blend of western pop with traditional middle eastern sounds in songs like "Mein Bhi Pakistan" and "Jaanay Kaun Thi Haseena."
He attended the University of Engineering and Technology where he met Awaz front man Aaron Haroon Rashid and the band was formed.
As a solo artist, he won several awards, including the Sahara Sangeet Award for Best Singer and Best Song (Mahi Ve) with his 2005 effort Mantra.
He and his wife Mehreen Faakhir opened up a high end fashion retail store, New York Avenue, at the Forum Mall in Karachi, Pakistan.
Though he continues to perform as a solo artist, his career began as a member of Awaz along with Haroon.
Information related to Faakhir Mehmood
- Awaz - Awaz was a Pakistani pop band that formed in Karachi, Sindh, in 1992. The group was formed by Haroon Rashid, lead vocalist, who was soon joined by keyboardist Faakhir Mehmood and lead guitarist Asad Ahmed.
- Haroon (singer) - Haroon Rashid is a Pakistani singer-songwriter, music producer, composer, director and social activist. Formerly a member of the pop band Awaz in the 1990s, Haroon has sold millions of singles and albums worldwide and has performed at large venues such as the Wembley Arena.
- University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore alumni
- Pakistani pop singers
- Pakistani rock keyboardists
- Awaz members
- Recipients of the Pride of Performance