Janice Kay Hahn is an American politician who has been a member of the Los Angeles County 4th District Supervisory Board since 2016. As a member of the Democratic Party, she was the US Representative from California from 2011 to 2016, elected to the 36th Congress district until 2013 and then to the 44th Congressional District. She was previously a member of the Los Angeles City Council, representing District 15 from 2001 to 2011. From 1997 to 1999, she was an elected representative to the Los Angeles Charter Reform Commission. On July 12, 2011, Hahn won a special election in Congress to fill the vacant seat by Democrat Jane Harman. She beat Republican Craig Huey, a Torrance-area Tea Party-backed direct marketer, with 55% of the vote to Huey's 45%. In February 2015, Hahn announced she would be stepping down from Congress to run for the Los Angeles County Supervisory Board.
|Born||Janice Kay Hahn, March 30, 1952, Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Spouse(s)||Gary Baucum (divorced)|
|Relations||Kenneth Hahn (father), James Hahn (brother), Gordon Hahn (uncle)|
|Residence||San Pedro, Los Angeles, U.S.|
|Education||Abilene Christian University (BS)|
|Janice Hahn's Twitter|
|Janice Hahn's Instagram|
|Janice Hahn's Facebook|
|Youtube||Janice Hahn's Youtube|
Politician and member of the Democratic Party who became a representative of California's forty-fourth congressional district in 2013. She previously represented the 36th district before re-districting.
She earned a bachelor's degree in teaching from Abilene Christian University in 1974.
Her district includes parts of Orange County and Riverside.
Her brother is former L.A. mayor James Hahn.
In 2010 she ran for Lieutenant Governor of California but was defeated in the primary by San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom.
- Women in the United States House of Representatives - Women have served in the United States House of Representatives since Jeannette Rankin in 1917 from Montana, a member of the Republican Party. 352 women have since served as representatives of the United States.
- Alumni of Abilene Christian University
- Los Angeles County Supervisory Board
- Women in California Politics
- Politicians from Los Angeles
- US Members of the Churches of Christ
- City Council members Los Angeles
- Female members of the US House of Representatives
- Members of the US House of Representatives of California
- Los Angeles businessman
Latest information about Janice Hahn updated on June 17 2021.