Mahershala Ali is an American actor and former rapper who has received numerous awards, including two Oscars, three Screen Actors Guild Awards, BAFTA Awards, Golden Globe Awards and Primetime Emmy Awards. Time magazine named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world for 2019. In 2020, the New York Times ranked him 23rd on its list of the 25 Greatest Actors of the 21st Century. began his career as a regular at television dramas, such as Crossing Jordan and Threat Matrix, before taking on the role of Richard Tyler in the sci-fi series. His first major film was in director David Fincher's fantasy, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. He gained wider attention for his supporting roles in the final two films in the The Hunger Games series and the Netflix series Luke Cage and House of Cards, which received his first Primetime Emmy nomination for the sequel.
|Born||Mahershalalhashbaz Gilmore, February 16, 1974, Oakland, California, U.S.|
|Other names||Mahershala Karim-Ali, Hershal Gilmore|
|Education||Saint Mary's College, California (BA), New York University (MFA)|
|IMDb||Mahershala Ali's IMDb|
Actor widely known for his roles on the Netflix series House of Cards and Luke Cage. He won two Academy Awards for Best Supporting Actor for his roles in Moonlight and Green Book. Other film credits include The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Place Beyond the Pines and Hidden Figures.
He appeared early in his career as Dr. Trey Sanders on the popular television series, Crossing Jordan.
His television credits include guest appearances on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, NYPD Blue, and Alcatraz. He also played Richard Tyler on the sci-fi series The 4400 and provided his voice in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
He was born in Oakland, California to a Christian family and was named after a Biblical figure. Later in his life, he converted to the Ahmadiyya Muslim faith. He married Amatus Sami-Karim in 2013 and the couple welcomed a daughter named Bari in 2017.
He appeared in the 2014 and 2015 installments of The Hunger Games, starring actress Jennifer Lawrence.
- Ahmadis of America
- Best Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role Award Winner of the Screen Actors Association
- Ancient African American Christian
- Saint Mary's Gaels men's basketball player
- Athletes from Hayward, California
- BAFTA Award Winner for Best Supporting Actor
- The male actor is from Oakland, California
- Alumni of Saint Mary's College of California
- Golden Globe Award (movie) for Best Supporting Actor
- Winner of an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor
- Conversion to Islam from Christianity
- African-American Muslim
- Outstanding Performance by an Actor in the Cinema Film Association Award Winner
- American Muslims
Latest information about Mahershala Ali updated on June 07 2021.